1:1 Learning Support Assistant
Hours: Full-time (5 days: 8.35am – 3.05pm)
Contract: 30 hrs Fixed Term Contract from 20th February to 31 August 2023 (pending funding review or the child’s departure from school, whichever is the earliest) a job-share would be considered (i.e. 2 or 3 days instead of 5)
Salary: JG3 £21,575 – £21,968
Actual salary: £14,896 to £15,166 per annum
We are looking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to work with children with additional needs on a 1:1 basis. The post is advertised as a fixed term contract until the end of the academic year but with a strong possibility that it may be extended for a further year.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has:
- an absolute passion and determination to provide the best education for our children and families
- the ability to forge strong rapport at all levels of the school and with all stakeholders
- resilience and stamina through adversity
- experience of working with children in an education setting
- a good standard of general education evidenced by three or more GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths, as well a minimum of a level 2 certificate in supporting teaching and learning.
We can provide:
- the chance to become part of a highly welcoming, collaborative and friendly school
- leadership committed to your personal and professional development
- excellent and dedicated colleagues and a governing body with a great team ethos
- an amazing group of children with zest and passion for learning
Worlebury St Paul’s CEVA Primary School is a school that is committed to improving provision even further to ensure children achieve the best possible education. Our pupils have said that they would like kind, happy and enthusiastic adults who make their learning fun but also help them to achieve their very best.
Worlebury St Paul’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon the outcome of an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Application forms and further details are available from the school’s website or by contacting the school.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th February 2023, 12 noon
Interview date/s: Interviews TBC
Address: Woodspring Avenue, Worlebury, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 9RH
Tel: 01934 625 923
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLSA Person Specification
Application Form - Support Staff